Senior Business Analyst
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to put your extensive IT experience and business analysis skills to good use?
Then consider working for the Road User Safety Solutions Branch, Ministry of Transportation, where you will lead project teams and provide business systems consulting expertise to clients
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will:
- provide project leadership in developing business applications
- analyze client IT needs, conduct feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and contribute to system design and implementation of complex systems initiatives
- recommend solutions and provide technical expertise to complex issues
- prepare user cases, process, data and models to support business processes and information needs
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in leading a team in business systems and cost-benefit analysis
- Knowledge of theory and principles of business systems design and development in order to lead a team in analysis and definition of client business and information technology solutions
- Experience gathering business requirements using standard tools and technique such as UML, use-cases, Activity Diagrams, State Transition Diagrams, and Object Diagrams
- Demonstrated experience with Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, standards, tools and techniques
- Application design knowledge and skills to support mainframe, client-server or internet technology based in a multi-channel delivery environment
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Can discuss client requirements, lead business systems development discussions and make presentations
- Can prepare reports and technical documentation
- Can use your skills to explain processes and make recommendations to stakeholders and managers
- Have the ability to work with stakeholders and vendors to build resolve conflict and collaborative service delivery approaches
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills to assess client information and business systems needs
- Can lead development of information technology solutions such as vendor supplied solutions which are cost effective and improve client program/service delivery
- Can address new business requirements by designing alternative applications
Salary Range: $1,357.77 - $1,753.98 per week
- One (1) permanent position
- 1201 Wilson Ave, Downsview, Toronto Region
- Please apply online, only, by Monday, January 23, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 102809 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.