Senior Manager, Business Solutions
Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Are you a strategic and innovative leader with proven experience in delivering modern and complex business solutions? Are you ready to lead a team in an exciting branch where information/technology drives innovation and excellence in public service?
If so, consider these exciting and challenging opportunities as a Senior Manager, Business Solutions in the Land and Resource I&IT Cluster (LRC)'s Business Solutions Branch (BSB).
The BSB provides process analysis and design, I&IT business consulting, application business case development and application development & maintenance. The LRC provides business solutions services to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Ministry of Northern Development and Mines and Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation.
Please note: The work locations for the permanent positions are negotiable between the following:
- 40 St Clair Ave W, Toronto
- 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region
- 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Lead business transformation strategies and the achievement of business goals through strategic I&IT plans.
- Provide strategic leadership and manage a team responsible for a specialized business solutions delivery that is sustainable.
- Set the strategic direction, develop business plans and determine priorities for staff.
- Provide expertise and lead continuous improvement by analyzing and improving upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge.
- Support and promote a productive team environment, including fostering an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible workplace.
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders/clients and provide advice to ensure service excellence.
- Develop plans and engage staff to deliver cost effective IT agile solutions and services.
- Collaborate with other ministries, IT clusters, governments and the private sector to develop enterprise solutions.
- Identify and evaluate innovative technology trends, productivity tools and methods.
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated leadership competencies to transform, deliver and inspire success in strategic and operational leadership to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- You have experience leading and overseeing multiple integrated and cost-efficient I&IT solutions.
- You have the ability to build high-performing teams as well as lead and manage a variety of geographically dispersed professionals to achieve results on high-profile initiatives.
- You have had success in developing capacity, building relationships with staff, as well as motivating and inspiring them to deliver.
- You are an inclusive leader who values and creates a culture of diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace.
Stakeholder / Relationship Management
- You have the ability to establish and maintain credible relationships with senior management, clients and partners.
- You have excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills and exceptional judgement and business acumen.
- You have experience with continuous service improvement and business modernization initiatives to respond to changing stakeholder needs.
- You have experience with vendor contract management in an operational environment.
- You have knowledge of the principles, best practices, current trends and issues related to I&IT solutions design and delivery.
- You have extensive experience in successfully developing systems as well as maintaining the delivery of large and complex business solutions.
- You have demonstrated experience managing complex I&IT portfolios/projects and have achieved a high level of customer satisfaction while ensuring an on-time/budget project delivery.
- 2 Permanent, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region or 40 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, Toronto Region or 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 40 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Salary Range: 104,050 - $137,700 per year
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, April 4, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=105869. Please follow the instructions to submit your application, and indicate in which position(s) you are interested. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.