Advisor, Senior Developer
Do you have experience developing and maintaining Business Intelligence and Reporting Applications? Consider this opportunity in the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services' Enterprise Financial Services Branch to lead the development of province-wide Business Intelligence and Reporting systems.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• lead the development and maintenance of business intelligence and reporting applications
• provide leadership in delivering integrated technology solutions
• develop business intelligence and reporting application extensions and customizations
• oversee research and acquisition of technology, systems, and products
• identify short- and long-term solutions and define service delivery requirements in consultation with management and clients
• work with service providers and external stakeholders on the purchase of new software/hardware and negotiate the acquisition of services
How do I qualify?
• you have advanced skills and experience in developing complex ETL components using PL/SQL and/or ETL tools (e.g. Oracle Data Integrator or Informatica)
• you have demonstrated knowledge of and experience working in ERP environments (e.g. Oracle E-Business Suite) and understand key financial modules (e.g. AR, AP, PO, FA, GL, XLA, CE) and the relationship among key back-end tables
• you have strong technical skills on development tools like PL/SQL, Oracle APEX, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and Shell scripts and development experience following standard development methodologies
• you have knowledge of business intelligence and reporting information technology (i.e. OBIEE, Discoverer, Hyperion Essbase, Cognos), industry trends and application to business processes;
• you have experience recommending technical system development solutions
• you have advanced skills on data modelling and business analytics
Analytical Experience and Project Management:
• you can conduct complex system analysis, design, and implementation
• you have experience resolving critical sustainment issues
• you have experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in developing IT solutions for clients
• you are able to work within tight timelines and can motivate staff to meet expectations
• you are familiar with research and project management methods
Interpersonal, Team-Building, and Communication Skills:
• you are able to assess client requirements and work towards meeting their objectives and service delivery needs
• you are strong in resolving conflicts and presenting options and recommendations in clear, non-technical terms
• you can prepare project reports, analyses, systems documentation, training manuals and senior-level briefing materials
Salary Range: $1,566.02 - $1,956.35 per week
- 1 Permanent, 222 Jarvis Street, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, May 2, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106453 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.