Are you a seasoned IT professional and project leader with a background in Microsoft SQL Server technology? If so, then consider this opportunity with the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO), Ministry of Education, where you will lead the design, development and implementation of technical solutions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• define, evaluate and recommend solutions for information and database architecture requirements
• use secure database development methods to create well-performing T-SQL statements, T-SQL objects, MDX statements and programming code for in-house applications
• create technical specifications and perform gap analysis, hands-on integration and testing of acquired solutions
How do I qualify?
You have knowledge of:
• Hands-on database, business intelligence and reporting development using Microsoft SQL Server technology.
• T-SQL development, including stored procedures, views, triggers and functions.
• Design and development of OLAP solutions including the creation of MDX statements and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes and dimensions.
• Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Experience with reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Code control, code and system change management, team development tools, agile development methods and tools, database scripting, automated code builds, and automated deployment.
Systems and data analysis:
• You have knowledge of systems analysis, methods and technology solutions to advise clients on general and specific technology products, contribute to the development of I&IT strategic and operational business plans, and support the preparation of IT business cases.
• You have experience gathering requirements, conducting analysis of vendor solutions.
• You can work with large datasets containing millions of data points.
• You stay abreast of current and emerging technology solutions and industry trends for application development and maintenance, desktop computer systems, network communications and inter-connectivity to advise clients on technology products.
Stakeholder management and communication skills:
• You have communication skills to prepare submissions and planning documents, reports, briefing materials and correspondence.
• You can provide advice and guidance to support agency business area management in I&IT operational and strategic matters and foster effective relationships with stakeholders and vendors.
• You have negotiation and persuasion skills to encourage client understanding/acceptance of technology concepts and generate commitment to projects.
• You can prepare and present information, explanations, options and recommendations for diverse audiences.
Administrative and project management skills:
• You can acquire knowledge of policy, procurement, and decision-making processes to provide information and advice, support business case development, and prepare submissions to facilitate senior-level decision-making.
• You have knowledge of IT project management policies and procedures, including budgeting and financial administration to lead projects and ensure compliance.
Salary Range: $69,496 - $102,408 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 2 Carlton St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 106435, by Monday, May 1, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.