Kroll Computer Systems Inc. is an industry leader in the development and implementation of pharmacy software solutions in Canada. We have over 100+ superb, vibrant employees and are looking to expand our great team in our Toronto, ON office. We value our employees and strive to provide a work-life balance by offering a flexible and social environment.
We are looking for strong Software Engineers who are passionate about embracing new technologies and who can offer a fresh perspective. Our special projects are leading edge, using the latest development tools and technologies; our solutions are tailor-made to meet the needs of our unique clientele. This is a full-time permanent position. The constant influx of interesting and unique projects is guaranteed to keep you interested and challenged as well as help you to further your skills in software development.
With Kroll, you will use the latest development tools and libraries, including:
- Delphi 7/Delphi 2010/DelphiXE
- Visual Studio .NET 2010 (VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET MVC/WinForms/WPF)
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Cruise Control .NET
We have positions available on both our Delphi and our .NET teams. We are prepared to invest in your skills so that you can actively contribute in a comfortable and productive group setting.
Our development cycle is agile, allowing you to see your work in production shortly after completion.
As a member of the Kroll software development team you will have the opportunity to showcase your creativity and programming chops as you work on an array of projects; unique style and perspective are encouraged!
Duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Design, development and integration of projects of moderate to high complexity
- Work in collaboration with other member of our development team or independently on development projects
- Manage multiple project simultaneously
- Stay informed of industry trends and technologies
- Provide time and resource estimates for assigned projects
- Interaction with subject matter experts and functional analysts who will provide detailed project requirements for each project assignment
- Effectively communicate with users, management and other coworkers in both verbal and written form
- Object-oriented programming including design patterns
- Experience developing with a non-memory-managed language, such as C, C++, or Delphi
- SQL queries using Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, Oracle or DB2
- Web development
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong background using Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to think critically in order to write effective code
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a development team
- General awareness of current technologies
- A positive and professional attitude
At Kroll Computer Systems Inc. we like to think of programming as an art and we would love you to add your brush to the mix. Hopefully you can help us paint the next masterpiece.
Don't miss out on being part of something special. Kroll Computer Systems Inc. team invites you to send your cover letter and resume and tell us in your cover letter which large cat is your favourite and why: a liger or a tigon. Upon submission, please mention the job title above in the subject line of your e-mail. If you know someone who is interested and/or qualified for this position, feel free to forward this job opportunity to them