Info-Tech Research Group is the world's fastest growing IT research and advisory firm, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals. Founded in 1997, Info-Tech produces unbiased and highly relevant IT research solutions. Our mission is to help IT and HR leaders and their teams to improve their core processes and successfully implement technology projects and human resources solutions. We provide everything from actionable tools to analyst guidance, to deliver measurable results.
The Senior Director delivers advisory services to a variety of members with the goal of providing measurable value by working on-site and remotely to help improve strategy, processes and people. The Senior Director drives the agenda, research, and growth of the services provided to our members and is accountable for growth of the capabilities and development of personnel within the practice.
- Utilize our Blueprints to assist members through the process of executing projects or process improvements either remotely (working through a series of structured calls) or on-site (working through a structured 5 day workshop).
- Identify opportunities to provide value to clients through workshops and consulting engagements and work with our commercial teams to define the scope and project outcomes.
- Identify further areas of assistance required for clients after initial "Experience" calls and book appropriate subsequent experiences.
- Lead the development of our research blueprints and agenda as subject matter expert by participating in joining research teams for an 8 week research cycle.
- Contribute to a research agenda that meets the needs of members by developing a deep understanding of what Info-Tech members require to be successful as IT professionals.
- Work jointly with our marketing team and account management team to reengage customers with low service levels through targeted campaigns and outreach.
- Willingness and ability travel up to (25%) to deliver workshops on-site at client locations
- Help drive the commercial success of the practice working with consulting and project management teams.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required, business or technology preferred.
- Minimum 15 years' experience with application development, application portfolio management and application architecture
- Experience gaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with senior management and C-level executives.
- Familiar with development tools and common development practices e.g. SLDC and Agile
- Experience facilitating client facing workshops, training sessions, and consulting engagements.
- Experience mentoring, developing, and training staff.
- Application Portfolio Management: Manage the operation of enterprise wide application portfolios ensuring overall health, efficiency, and delivery of business value.
- Software Development: Knowledge of software development tools and methodologies and practices (e.g. Agile development, JAD, LEAN)
- Insight Generation: Ability to analyze data and experience in a way that enables the uncovering of new insights and the ability to frame problems or solutions in a new or unique way that resonates with our member base
- Client Advisory and Service Delivery: Has lead multiple clients through complex projects by providing guidance, critical analysts, and support; built client relationships and establish themselves as a trusted advisor in their space; lead multiple clients through structured working sessions and can facilitate an inclusive discussions while ensuring the meeting stays on track and achieves its objectives
- Opportunity Identification and Definition: Ability to identify opportunities where we can add additional value to our members through our extended services (e.g. workshops or consulting)
Ability to work with members to define project background, context and desired outcomes
Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time for both local and international workshops and consulting engagements.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process