Info-Tech Research Group is the world's fastest growing IT research and advisory firm, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals. Founded in 1997, Info-Tech produces unbiased and highly relevant IT research solutions. Our mission is to help IT and HR leaders and their teams to improve their core processes and successfully implement technology projects and human resources solutions. We provide everything from actionable tools to analyst guidance, to deliver measurable results.
The Manager, Consulting will lead small-to-mid sized consulting engagements within a chosen practice area for a variety of Info-Tech Advisory. This position will also assist in growing the organization by securing additional project activities, driving proposal completion, and developing junior staff.
- Lead client interactions and client management primarily in the enterprise application and/or data management space, with weekly project updates, presentation of deliverables, report collation, and related administration.
- Maintain project tracking, hours, costs, and other variables against budget and conduct basic funnel management.
- Support business development activities by participating in proposal writing, project scoping, and presentation of the solution to clients.
- Create compelling reports in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to compile results of analysis and demonstrate solutions for clients.
- Mentor and coach junior consultants to provide project leadership.
- Support research team with insights gleamed from client engagements; encourage and partake in cross collaboration with research teams.
- Adhere to internal processes, methodologies, and protocol.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, or IT ideal.
- Postgraduate diploma or Certification in Marketing or IT preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in business advisory capacity ideally dealing with
o Enterprise Application (ERP, CRM, HRIS) selection and implementation
o Data management, business intelligence, data warehousing, and other information related technologies.
- Experience managing project budgets.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent client interaction skills for those at a managerial level.
- Client Interaction and Facilitation: Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with clients over the phone and through facilitated in-person sessions.
- Project Management: Managing project scope and budget effectively and reporting on project progress in a timely manner. Able to lead challenging negotiations managing scope and client expectations.
- Written Skills: Ability to craft and word deliverables in clear and concise manner, for a graphically appealing outcome that is polished and professional. Understands aesthetic design of putting information together
- Presentation: Presenting and influencing client stakeholders when presenting Info-Tech proposals and deliverables.
- Business Development: Generating advisory sales leads from interactions with clients, whether during analyst calls or during project work, and proposing Info-Tech services to fulfill client needs.
- Adaptability: Able to work in a dynamic, changing environment. Mentors and leads others through those changes.
Travel required up to 25% of the time for client engagements.
TRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.