Bring your passion for leading-edge research and data analytics to the Ministry of Infrastructure. This unique leadership opportunity will appeal to a forward-thinking leader who can create innovative approaches in how research and data supports Ontario's infrastructure plan and capital investments across government.
As Director, Infrastructure Research, you will be the government's principal expert on matters related to infrastructure research and analytics. Beyond the provision of research projects and data management strategies, this role will build the branch as a centre of excellence in world-class research and evidence-based analytics to guide the province's investments in infrastructure, strengthen the capital planning process and develop a robust infrastructure plan.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this key leadership role within the Infrastructure Research and Financing Division, your responsibilities will include:
- Building and leading a highly-skilled team of management and professionals, ensuring a collaborative, team-based approach in the achievement of Ontario's infrastructure goals.
- Providing strategic direction on a range of research projects, needs assessments and forecasting, data collection and analytics, economic analysis and modeling, and data management strategies.
- Leading the development of an infrastructure repository and inventory with mapping and visualizations to better communicate investments in infrastructure across the province.
- Building and maintaining a network of stakeholders from other ministries, academia, expert practitioners, consultants, and the federal government as well as a strong research network of data and information technology sources.
- Providing advice and leadership to ensure research and data analytics contribute maximally to Ontario's infrastructure plans and capital investments.
How do I qualify?
- You have exceptional leadership skills to promote excellence, deliver results and manage risks in an evolving change management environment.
- You have a record of getting results through your team and have a reputation of being open, transparent and effective in influencing others.
- You model leadership by creating and promoting a cross-functional team environment which encourages employees to work collaboratively in both formal and informal teams and networks to achieve common objectives.
- You lead by example and foster a workplace culture of high performance, diversity, inclusion and equity.
Research and Analytics
- You are a leader with a background in leading-edge research, data analytics, macro-economic modelling, including a track record of research development accomplishments.
- You have experience applying current information technology trends to communicate your research/analytics studies to a diverse audience.
- You can work across divisions and ministries or organizations to provide services and build strong partnerships.
- You foster active networks and partnerships with other ministries, governments, private sector organizations and other jurisdictions, particularly in the field of research and analytics.
- You are skilled at bringing people with varying viewpoints together in support of common goals.
- You foster a collaborative work environment that promotes and facilitates transparency and accountability.
Judgment and Political Sensitivity
- You have political acuity to anticipate and respond to sensitive situations.
- You have demonstrated political acumen to engage and manage stakeholders and external networks in a complex environment, forging collaborative relationships.
- You have flexibility and are open to new ideas that adapt to a changing environment.
Location: 900 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
Salary range: $117,790 - $160,250 per year
Please apply online, only, by Sunday, January 22, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=102954. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.