The IT Support Coordinator is accountable for supporting the administrative tasks of the web in the Toronto office in order that Camp Oochigeas achieves its mission of providing kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences. In addition, the role provides IT support for all staff at all of the Camp Oochigeas workplace locations.
Reports to: Manager IT & Administration
1. IT Support (70%)
- Provides front line IT support for 50+ staff in all Ooch workplace locations using an internal helpdesk ticketing system. Escalates requests and acts as a main contact for IT Service Provider (Triella)
- Oversee network functions and ensures backups are running and complete
- Makes support calls to Blackbaud Support, for RE, FE and BBNC
- Supports "Software as a Service" providers such as CampSite, Race Roster, TeamRaiser
- Coordinates computer Inventory and annual computer upgrades
- Coordinates mobile device hardware changes, updates, and billing
- Coordinates Audio Visual equipment (scheduling/set-up/maintenance)
- Schedules Security for doors & assigns Fobs
2. Web Support (25%)
- Troubleshoots and resolves website questions and requests
3. Other duties as assigned by Manager, IT & Administration (5%)
a)Helps ensure that the integrity, image and quality of all programs are consistent with Camp Oochigeas' mission, operating principles and objectives and adhere to the code of ethics of Imagine Canada, the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement, the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and Ontario's Freedom of Information and Protections of Privacy Act
- He/she works closely and co-operatively with all staff in the organization and in particular with the Manager, IT & Administration
- He/she works collaboratively with IT vendors on service issues.
Experience and Qualifications
- Diploma in information technology or IT helpdesk experience
- Experience in Web Administration
- Experience working with databases (preferably Raiser's Edge)
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Current driver's license
- Current police reference check and vulnerable sector screening
- Experience working in a Not-for-Profit
- An understanding of the power of camp
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector
Enthusiastic, accurate, detail oriented, service oriented, excellent time-management and organizational skills, flexible, diplomatic, discreet, able to work in a small office environment, able to work independently, excellent oral and written communication, able to meet deadlines and work well under stress, analytical, sense of fiscal responsibility
Particular Working Conditions
- In consideration of the populations Ooch serves, the incumbent is a non-smoker
- This full-time position works out of the Toronto office and will be required to work at Ooch North camp, as needed
- Some evening and weekend commitments may be required
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment and in a clean atmosphere.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Able to operate a personal computer
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time while maintaining accuracy
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Oochigeas invites applications from all qualified individuals. Camp Oochigeas is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Camp Oochigeas provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Accommodation will be provided, on request, to applicants with disabilities to enable their participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.
Please send us a cover letter and resume by March 24, 2017. Fax, mail, or email is acceptable and needs to be addressed to the attention of:
IT Support Coordinator Hiring Committee
464 Bathurst St.
Fax: 416 961 2267
No phone calls please
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Oochigeas, please visit www.ooch.org