Epiphan Video (branch company of Epiphan Systems Inc.)
400 March Road, Suite 510, Ottawa, ON, K2K 3H4, Canada
Epiphan Video is the trade name of Epiphan Systems Inc., a privately owned company incorporated in 2003, based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and Palo Alto, California, USA.
Epiphan Video produces world-class, award-winning audio visual solutions to capture, scale, mix, encode, stream, record and play high-resolution video including 4K UHD.
Join a team working out of the heart of Kanata's technology district in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
We are looking for an IT Systems Manager who can hit the ground running and ramp-up quickly. As a small company, this position requires experience in multiple disciplines from information systems to software development, with scope to deliver results on quality assurance automated test development. You will be working on a growing team and you will be responsible for many projects in furtherance of our video product line focus and strategy.
Epiphan working conditions require:
- good English communication skills;
- client focus;
- excellent teamwork and ability to supervise working groups;
- organization and attention to detail;
- working in a fast-paced environment;
- coping with tight deadlines; and,
- working under pressure.
Candidates are expected to have:
- master's degree in computer science or in a related technical field;
- minimum of four (4) years of experience in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for both internally developed and externally developed/purchased information systems (IS) development, such as management systems (CRM / CMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and sales force automation (SFA);
- recent experience in improving IS reliability, stability, functionality and performance;
- recent experience in conducting new IS introductions and integrations with existing IS for customer support, research and development (R & D), product manufacturing, and product shipping and accounting;
- demonstrated experience in technical writing, software development and development of automated quality assurance test cases, test suites, new modules for internal testing framework, while documenting software testing plans;
- experience in the software development lifecycle;
- experience in assigning, coordinating and reviewing technical work in the development of software and integrated IS, process control software and integrated IS; and,
- experience in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating daily operations.
Nice to have
It would be an asset if the candidate has:
- education in the biotechnology field (as one of the company's key target markets for this position is the medical industry);
- experience in managing research, developing new products, and in analyzing possible use cases of live streaming products and their target audiences;
- experience in analyzing rival products, while suggesting features and a roadmap; and,
- passion about video recording and streaming products.
Terms of employment and location of work
This is a permanent full-time vacancy â€' 40 (forty) hours per week to work in Ottawa, ON, (Kanata's technology district), starting as soon as possible.
Initial salary is fixed at CDN$57.69 per hour (non-negotiable), and the company offers benefits including life insurance, long-term disability, and health, dental and vision coverage.
If you are an organized client-focused team player with initiative and interested in tackling challenges in the development of our video recording and streaming products, you could be the person we are looking for!
How to apply and contact information
Please apply in complete confidence to epiphan[at]post.com.
Only applications submitted on-line will be considered.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.