Open to: Canadian citizens (note: permanent resident status does not qualify)
CSE is seeking individuals at the intermediate or senior levels. Reporting to the Telecommunications or Network Supervisor, the team is a day to day operational support team exposed daily to advanced and complex challenges affecting both multiple geographically diverse and local locations. Key deliverables require the design, implementation, ongoing support and management of all CSE network and telecommunications services, local area and wide area networks. The work involves the design, implementation and integration of new solutions and capabilities.
- UNI 08 level: $78,820 - $92,731
- This position is currently eligible for a market allowance of $10,467.36 annually.
- The salary and market allowance numbers above are under review
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Network Computing
- College diploma in Computer Science, Networking Telecommunications
- another IT related field relevant to the position.
- Preference may be given to candidates possessing a Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification (CCNP).
- Experience in designing, building, testing, implementing, maintenance and support of telecommunications and/or networking systems.
- Experience in evaluating products, applications, or technologies relating to the provisioning of telecommunications and/or networking systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting, debugging and integration testing of Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN) and/or Satellite Communications (SATCOM).
- Experience in software installation and system administration (including operating system installation techniques) for Windows or UNIX.
- Experience in the analysis of network traffic and protocols.
- Experience in administration of remote network endpoints where there is little to no assistance at the remote end.
- Competencies :
- IT User Support
- Infrastructure / Platforms
- Telecommunications (Data and Voice) Networks
- Security Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Communicating Orally