CSE is currently looking for experienced Linux/Unix System Administrators.
Individuals selected will assist with the engineering, configuration and support of a variety of hardware and software. Our team relies heavily on virtualization to support our operations and successful candidates will be comfortable building and supporting the virtualized infrastructure. Candidates should be comfortable with most or all of the following: storage systems, backups in a virtualized environment, Python / Bash scripting, Linux system maintenance, troubleshooting and hardening. Knowledge of IP networking is required to effectively manage our systems. There is an expectation that team members will identify systems requiring improvement and provide informed guidance to the rest of the team. Additionally, our environment demands that team members be constantly improving their IT security skills and applying these skills daily. An understanding of basic Windows Server administration would be an asset.
- UNI-07 level: $73,850 TO $86,881
- These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance of $7,960.80 annually. The salary and market allowance are under review.
- B.Sc. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years recent experience (within the last five years) with Linux or Unix systems administration
- A minimum of one year recent experience (within the last two years) writing and maintaining scripts in Bash or Python
- A minimum of one year recent experience (within the last three years) hardening Linux, Unix or Windows systems
- A minimum of two years recent experience (within the last four years) with virtualization technologies such as VMWare or Hyper-V
- Experience with Windows systems administration would be considered an asset
- Experience configuring and supporting SAN based storage systems would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of IP network configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of modern IT Security practices and principles
- Strong Linux / Unix systems administration abilities
- Attention to detail