Open to: Canadian citizens
Note: Permanent resident status does not qualify
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Besides being a hub of collaboration and innovation, Communications Security Establishment (CSE) is one of Canada's key security and intelligence organizations. For 70 years, CSE has been committed to the safety and security of Canada and Canadians. CSE plays an integral role in helping to protect Canada and Canadians against foreign-based terrorism, foreign espionage, cyber-attacks, kidnappings of Canadians abroad, attacks on our embassies and other serious foreign threats. CSE also provides a better understanding of global events and crises, helping to further Canada's national interests in the world. Do you want to directly contribute to maintaining the safety and prosperity of Canada? If so, apply today!
CSE is currently looking to fill several positions in a dynamic and challenging operational environment. Your work in those positions will have a significant impact on many different aspect of Canada security posture (including Cyber and Foreign signals intelligence). We are looking for full stack java/python and web based technologies developers. The position requires developers that can build and deliver a variety of applications (including, but not limited to: web-based RESTfull services, web-based applications, and java/python application).
A successful candidate must display a high degree of tenacity, ingenuity, independence, and flexibility to work in various fields of expertise. You must also have strong software engineering skills, including an appreciation for all aspects of the software development process.
Who should apply?
You should apply to this job offer if:
- you want to work on projects where you are implementing creative solutions to real problems that require deep understanding of the problem space.
- you constantly challenge yourself and others to come up with better solutions.
- you want to create value and impact the strategic direction to keep the country safe
- you have interest in cyber security; you understand the cyber challenge surrounding us.
- you enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems.
- you never shy away from a challenge.
- you enjoy learning new technology and always ask "why" we do something the way we do it.
- you seek for better team processes and foster change when required, leaving every team and process better than you found it.
- you enjoy leading teams & managing projects when required.
- Term and indeterminate can be staffed from this competition.
- Term and indeterminate positions have a one (1) year probation period.
Area of Selection: Across Canada.
Individuals are typically hired into entry level positions though exceptions can be made based on the level of experience and competency demonstrated during the selection process.
- UNI-07 level: $73,850.00 - $86,881.00 per year
- UNI-08 level: $78,820.00 - $92,731.00 per year
- UNI-09 level: $84,552.00 - $99,470.00 per year
- These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $7,960 to $11,516
- The salary and market allowance are under review.
- Degree from a recognized university
- College in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, including Mathematics*
*3rd and 4th year university students who are currently completing their degree are eligible to apply.
- Experience in modern full-stack web development
- Strong experience with object-oriented design and coding skills (Java/Python preferred)
- Experience in design and implementation of modern web application
- Experience dealing well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases
- Asset Experience:
- Highly proficient in design and implementation of modern web applications
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience in integrating open source technologies in a production environment
- Experience with RESTful service development, HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Experience with Java framework such as Spring Boot and Hibernate
- Experience on continuous delivery and in build and deployment processes
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal and Jive
- the Software Development Process
- Information Technology
- Application Development,
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Administration
- Web Design
- Other Competencies:
- Analytical thinking
- Project management.