Open to: Canadian citizens
Note : Permanent resident status does not qualify
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
CSE is currently looking to fill several computer system administrators and computer system analysts positions at junior, intermediate and senior levels. These positions exist in very dynamic and challenging operational environments. The work is in direct support to CSE missions.
Your role will entail participation in technical research and development enabling continued innovation within the IT infrastructure environments. You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration and supporting advancement of the following technologies in leading-edge technical environments:
- Various operating systems running on Enterprise class machine (High Performance Computers, clusters, etc);
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, OpenStack);
- Storage technologies (Storage Area Network, Network-Attached Storage, backups/restore);
- Identity and access management (LDAP, Active Directory, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite);
- Open source and commercial software (Apache, Salt, Ansible, IBM Tivoli)
- Term and indeterminate positions can be staffed from this process.
- Term and indeterminate positions have a one (1) year probation period.
- UNI-6 level: $66,529 to $78,271
- UNI-7 level: $73,850 to $86,881
- UNI-8 level: $78,820 to $92,731
- UNI-9 level: $84,552 to $99,470
- These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $5528.34 to $11,516.63 annually.
- The salaries and market allowance numbers above are under review.
Please note that CSE has adopted the UNISON classification system. As such, the positions classified at the UNI-6 to UNI-9 levels above are commensurate with the remuneration provided at the CS-02 to CS-04 levels in other Government of Canada Departments.
- University degree* in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a College diploma in computer science field with applicable experience. OR
- University degree or college diploma combined with an at least 5-year experience in an IT Discipline. OR
- For military or former military personnel, military classification (or trade) qualification training and education will be considered for equivalency with a college diploma. OR
*3rd and 4th year university students who are currently completing their degree are eligible to apply but will not start employment until they have completed their degree.
- If you are currently working in IT, please refer to Section I.
- If you are a student, please refer to Section II.
For individuals working in IT, we are looking for:
- Experience* providing technical support or advice on enterprise systems.
- Experience* managing IT incidents or changes using an IT Service Management tool.
- Experience* interacting with clients to resolve incidents or implement changes with respect to enterprise systems.
- Experience* leading or assisting in the delivery of IT projects.
- Experience* performing system administration tasks on enterprise systems.
- Experience* with Linux or Windows operating systems on enterprise infrastructure.
*Experience is defined as regular use of the skill over an approximate five-year period within the last eight years.
The following is considered an asset:
- Experience with scripts on Windows and/or Linux.
The level, UNI-6 to UNI-9, will be determined based on the breadth and depth of the experience.
For students and new graduates, we are looking for the following knowledge and/or experience:
- Mandatory :
- Linux or Windows system administration
- Assets :
Knowledge and/or experience with multiples OS platforms:
- Cloud computing (concepts)
- IT security best practices
- IT monitoring software
- Identity/access management tools
- Web infrastructure
- Automation/Orchestration software
- Open Source software related to IT infrastructure support
- Analytical Thinking
- Oral Communications and Listening
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of Information Technology and Infrastructure / Platforms