Open to: Canadian citizens Note: Permanent resident status does not qualify
CSE is currently looking to fill several positions at the junior, intermediate and senior levels. The incumbents work in a fully matrixed operational environment. A successful candidate must display a high degree of tenacity, ingenuity, independence, and flexibility to work in various fields of expertise, and must also be willing to work in the programming language C/C++. You must also have strong software engineering skills, including an appreciation for all aspects of the software development process.
Key activities could include:
- Participating in all parts of the Software Development.
- Applying innovative thinking, performance analysis and modern computer engineering principles to solve complex technological problems.
- Maintaining software applications after migration to production, including troubleshooting and recommending/implementing improvements.
- Collaborating with other Government of Canada (GoC) departments, 2nd Parties and other CSE elements to ensure a compatible environment that promotes exchange of software applications and components.
- Advising on the capabilities of software systems, including providing technical support and advice to other CSE areas, GoC departments and agencies or allied agencies.
- Leading teams & managing projects, as required.
Individuals are typically hired into entry level positions though exceptions can be made based on the level of experience and competency demonstrated during the selection process.
- UNI-07 level: $73,850.00 - $86,881.00 per year
- UNI-08 level: $78,820.00 - $92,731.00 per year
- UNI-09 level: $84,552.00 - $99,470.00 per year
- These positions are currently eligible for a market allowance ranging from $7,960 to $11,516
- University degree* in Computer Science
- Computer / Electrical Engineering
- Mathematics with software focus
- an equivalent College diploma in software development
*3rd and 4th year university students who are currently completing their degree are eligible to apply, but will not start employment until they have completed their degree.
- Asset Experience:
- Developing within a team environment
- Developing within a Windows or UNIX environment
- Familiarity with the Software development life cycle including:
- requirements gathering with the clients, analysis, conceptualization and design, implementation and testing
- IT (IT Security, Architecture and Software Development)
- Project management
- Application sevelopment
- Infrastructure / Platforms
- Information management
- Competencies - other:
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent written communication skills
- Oral communication and listening skills