Safran Identity and Security (known in Canada as Morpho) is a leader in Security and Identity solutions, deploying solutions in more than 100 countries. We employ more than 8,700 people in 57 countries and generated revenues of nearly €1.9 billion in 2015. Backed by more than 40 years of experience in biometrics, the company develops innovative technologies for a wide range of markets and applications for people, governments and business.
Our solutions manage identities, secure payments and transactions and safeguard privacy, for an increasingly digital and connected world.
We also contribute to supporting law enforcement and protecting borders, for safer and easier everyday lives.
Morpho Canada is currently looking to hire two Java Programmers on a fixed-term contract – approximately 12 months (February) – to join the Professional Services team located in Oakville.
- Implement code in a web application within Sencha EXTJS framework
- Work within a given timeframe to complete coding - develop well documented and robust code to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse
- Review Java program codes and correct related errors
- Develop test plans, test scripts, unit tests and perform unit testing
- Create and execute detailed test plans/cases using Sikuli
- Submit bi-weekly written status reports, which outline: the overall progress summary for deliverables, deliverables achieved, deliverables remaining, progress and expected delivery date for each and issues and concerns affecting specific deliverables and the engagement schedule
- Conduct defect analysis and perform necessary fixes and enhancements
- Resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Identify and implement code modifications that will improve the efficiency and execution speed of the application
- Be a key partner to the rest of the team throughout the design cycle
- Think through challenging problems/issues and solve them with your team member
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or at least a two-year diploma in computer science, computer programming or relevant proven experience/knowledge
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as a software programmer – responsible for requirement analysis and Java web application design and development
- As many of the software development tools/languages as possible: Eclipse/Tomcat/AJAX/JSON/Web Socket/Python/TDD/BDD/Selenium/Sikuli
- Scrum experience would be an asset
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment)
- Security clearance will be required