I&IT Data & Solutions Architect
Come and showcase your IT expertise and superior client service skills, where you will provide senior technical leadership, expertise and overall project co-ordination to our Business Intelligence and Analytics team, as well as your highly specialized knowledge of data and software solution design, construction, and programming trends, at the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide technical expertise and advice in the overall design, development, testing, implementing and maintaining, enhancing system architectures (technical, data\data marts\warehouses, application, network,) for both acquired and developed application solutions
- Lead Cluster/Ministry projects including, the design, development and implementation of multi-purpose and multi-client data integration, business intelligence and analytics solutions
- Provide leadership and in-depth knowledge and expertise for technical project work, including overseeing the preparation of project plans, leading teams
- Act as the Business Intelligence and Analytics Team's technical expert, providing strategic advice in the development of data models, and application architectures
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies, briefing notes and makes recommendations to the manager
- Ensure compliance with government-wide, and Ministry guidelines, policies, directives and standards
Location: North Bay
How do I qualify?
- Technical Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of current and complex information technology and information engineering principles, information architecture, data modelling, computer programming concepts/techniques, current development tools/ languages, current development platforms, leading-edge client/server application development technology (web based, n-tier), comprehensive understanding of system architectures including technical data, application and network architectures.
- Knowledge of information engineering methodologies, tools, techniques, and database management system design, information architecture, data modelling and warehousing concepts and practices to provide technical data management expertise, leadership and advice on Cluster/Ministry database design standards
- Expert knowledge of data security and authentication platforms utilized in securing Ministry information assets
- Detailed knowledge of server computer technologies including operating systems, application software, ministry standard and commonly used software, networks, and internal technology
- Highly developed technical expertise in data and information management, performance measurement and business intelligence tools
- Project Management and Methodologies:
- Knowledge of project management principals, tools and techniques to manage Data Management projects
- Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of applications
- Strong leadership skills to lead and oversee technical, project teams and development teams
- Foundational knowledge of IT service delivery practices such as the ITIL Framework
- Communication, Conflict Resolution and Client Relationship Skills:
- You have excellent communication, listening and explaining skills to provide assistance to customers in use of technologies and information
- You can develop and prepare presentations, briefing notes, training and project plans and issues reports
- You possess interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiation/influence and client relationship skills to provide input on project teams and resolve client issues
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- You have highly developed interpretive reasoning and problem-solving skills to assess and recommend architectural strategies
- You can research and identify new technologies for clients that are highly technical and complex
- You can review and analyze data management issues/concerns/initiatives and provide recommendations for standards on database design and data organization
- Strong initiative in seeking alternatives and in exercising judgment and imagination in resolving technical problems; and evaluation skills to work on business information architecture
Salary Range: $1,544.40 - $1,929.34 per week
- One (1) Temporary Position
- Duration: up to 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- 200 First Ave W
North Bay, North Region
- Enhanced – Fingerprint Based CPIC, Intelligence, Local Police Check, Credit Check, OPP Investigation
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
- You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
- A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- Please apply online, only, by Monday, January 16, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 100993 in the Job ID search field.
- Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.