(11 Month Contract)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the CPIN Project Manager, the Application Specialist provides first level support to end users in the identification and resolution of software issues. The incumbent is also responsible for the ongoing operational support including but not limited to training, monitoring, setup and end user support.
- Provide first level application support to end users.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves application issues and escalates if needed.
- Analyze issues and provides recommendations to enhance service to users.
- Logs incidents in the tracking system to document requests and facilitate the resolution of issues.
- Provides information about application functionalities to end users.
- Leads the coordination of access process (Go Secure and PKI's) and ensures staff obtain access to Testing and Live environments.
- Manages the ongoing use of Testing environments to ensure that they are available for pre/post production and ad-hoc testing as well as training and transitional purposes.
- Responsible for application testing due to both data and/or application changes (i.e. post release production testing, project testing, infrastructure changes).
- Performs data extracts and/or produces reports based on a scheduled or ad-hoc basis using but not limited to SQL ETL and SSRS.
- Designs and delivers applications related course material using various training methods including classroom demonstration and on-line learning.
- Provides support and training to all internal staff groups.
- Monitors, evaluates and reviews the quality and effectiveness of training to ensure consistent and quality delivery of all content and materials.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
Experience: 4 or more years' experience in progressively responsible related positions
Other educational and personal qualifications together with IT experience that, in the opinion of the Director of Accountability and Strategic Initiatives, constitute adequate and suitable preparation for the job.
- Extensive experience in a client support function, including desk-side and telephone support
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server Technologies (e.g. IIS, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Familiarity with object oriented programming (i.e. C#, .NET)
- Extensive working experience at an advanced level with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Visio)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as being logical and efficient.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to work on-call if required
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of the Society's system of services and programs.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in French language is an asset
HOURLY RATE: $35.55 - $45.89
If you care deeply about the welfare of children and want to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, we'd like to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and resume indicating the competition number "PCAS17-029" via email to resumes by May 3, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Children's Aid is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform human resources so that we can ensure your equal participation in this process.
Please visit our website at www.peelcas.org