Computing Services seeks to implement secure, cost effective computing technology solutions for our business partners and to provide attentive, friendly, high quality technical support to our customers, solving their issues in a timely fashion.
The Client Support Specialist delivers a high quality blend of telephone, email, remote desktop and in-person technology support services that are sensitive to the specific operational requirements of each business unit within the Department of Housing, Hospitality Services and Chaplains' Services. The Client Support Specialist works collaboratively with Network Operations staff to research, plan, design, purchase, secure, deploy, maintain and support the end-user equipment and networking infrastructure. Each member of the Computing Services team is committed to providing a safe, reliable and secure computing and mobile environment for administrative staff.
- Undergraduate university degree or college diploma, preferably in a computer-related field
- 1 year experience providing phone, email and face-to-face technical and computing support to administrative staff in a business environment
- Experience writing technical documentation for technical and non-technical users is preferred
- 1 year work experience in antivirus use and imaging software, supporting mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones and experience installing computer hardware components (memory, hard drive, video card, power supply, etc.) is preferred
- Experience in providing end user computing training in one on one and group situations is preferred
- Experience supporting software and hardware of CBORD cash registers is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with Novell Netware environment, Groupwise, Zenworks, workstation client and profiles
- Knowledge of hardware, software and network connectivity troubleshooting
- Proficient in MS office suite, spyware removal tools, Antivirus, firewall, email and imaging applications
- Knowledge of operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as great attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the concepts and application of workstation security
- Highly motivated self starter and demonstrated ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments and adapt efficiently to emerging priorities
- Ability to interact and build successful relationships with a diverse team and clientele
- Ability to evaluate and determine priorities that are subject to change
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have a valid driver's license
Interested applicants are asked to visit: www.workingatwestern.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #9331 by midnight, May 1st, 2017.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.