Are you an analytical troubleshooter whose experience covers Windows Domain, Windows OS and the IT Service Desk process? Do you enjoy identifying systems performance issues, then recommending and implementing creative solutions? If your answer was a definite "yes" in both cases, we should talk.
As a Technical Analyst – Windows with London Hydro, you will work under the direction of the Director, IT Infrastructure, or designate, as you provide consistent and reliable installation, configuration, maintenance, security, monitoring and management of computer systems.
Your responsibilities as a Windows Technical Analyst will also include:
- Setting up, configuring, managing and supporting internal and/or external computer systems, networks, operating systems and end-user devices.
- Developing and maintaining all systems, applications, security, network configurations, and processes in relation to the job function.
- Planning, scheduling and communicating system maintenance activities.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting computer systems performance issues, as well as recommending and implementing solutions.
- Participating in the creation, maintenance and testing of the disaster recovery plan.
- Providing technical support, guidance and training to Information Systems staff and end-users.
- Evaluating equipment to ensure it is up-to-date, supported and suitable for London Hydro.
- Researching and evaluating feasibility of new technologies, and evaluating and testing new hardware, applications and operating systems.
- Providing operational and technical support in hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
- Adhering to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro's Health & Safety Management System.
As a Technical Analyst – Windows, you should have successfully completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university, and possess:
- Analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
- At least four (4) years of experience with Windows Domain, Windows Operating Systems and IT Service Desk process.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS provisioning, maintenance and monitoring.
- Knowledge of Linux OS.
- Working knowledge of HP servers and virtualization technology such as VMWare.
- Experience with provisioning and maintenance of emerging technologies such as cloud computing, unified communications and virtualized desktop.
- Experience with system management tools, logical file systems, client/server environments and help desk technologies.
- Technology certifications (Microsoft, VMWare) would be an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area's larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro.
Watch the short video below for more details!
For more information and to apply
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to send your resume, by Friday, May 5, 2017, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Technical Analyst – Windows in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): jobs. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.