Bring your knowledge of GIS technology and spatial data administration to the City of Hamilton.
Based in Hamilton, and reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Engineering Systems, you will plan, manage and co-ordinate Spatial Management Systems (e.g. Water Distribution, Water Metering, Wastewater Collection, Roads Operations, and Traffic Operations Systems) for the Hamilton Water Division and other divisions.
Your qualifications as a Senior Spatial Systems Applications Developer include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theories and practices of Computer Science Management usually acquired by obtaining a university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline plus considerable work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of geographic information system (GIS) technology, and spatial data administration gained from directly related working experience in the design and operation of GIS applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write, interpret and modify standard computer language commonly used in spatial database applications (preferably, GeoMedia, ESRI, FME).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer software such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Office, Crystal Reports, GeoMedia, ESRI, GIS application development.
- General knowledge of infrastructure systems such as Water, Wastewater, and Road Networks and applicable system components.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
NOTE: Possession of, and ability to maintain, a Class "G" Driver's Licence valid in the Province of Ontario and access to a personal vehicle for use on the job.
This CUPE Local 5167 permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $38.471 to $43.717 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is "to be the best place in Canada to raise a child and age successfully." With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Hamilton Water Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that's contributing to the well-being of Hamilton's residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Senior Spatial Systems Applications Developer position, and to apply online. Alternatively, you may send your resume, by Wednesday, March 29, 2017, quoting Job ID #12262, to: Staffing/Workforce Planning Specialist, Human Resources, c/o City Hall, 71 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y5. Fax: 905-546-2650. In person: Standard Life Building, 120 King Street West, 9th Floor, Hamilton.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.