Environmental Program Information Specialist
If you have knowledge of information management and enjoy pushing the boundaries, then this role with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs is made for you.
As an Environmental Program Information Specialist, you will take on new and exciting challenges and be able to use your strong technical skills in information management and project planning to deliver leading edge technological applications to better serve clients of environmental management programs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this small team environment, you will:
• support the development of environmental management programs by developing tools and mechanisms that will assist program staff in approval processes, advisory services, information management and reporting of results
• provide advice on programming responses that meet the current and future environmental management program information needs
• collaborate with colleagues to continuously improve information management
How do I qualify?
• You are able to travel to areas not accessible by public transit.
Technical Knowledge and skills:
• You have demonstrated knowledge of information management systems, processes, theories, principles and practices.
• You have experience with database development and maintenance, analyzing processes and business architecture and planning and evaluation of software.
• You have shown the ability to understand and interpret policies and develop procedures for efficient implementation in a business environment.
• You have applied knowledge of research methods, tools, mechanisms, techniques and technology to analyze viability of recommendations, and prepare reports on suitability of information to meet organizational needs.
• You are proficient with standard office software to prepare documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
• You have the proven ability to consult with clients to obtain information and business needs and effectively communicate to program teams.
• You have the proven ability to review/prepare technical documents and communicate findings to stakeholders both internally and externally.
Project management skills:
• You have demonstrated project planning and coordination skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously, take leadership roles and report results to stakeholders, clients or administrators.
Salary Range: $1,251.23 - $1,567.09 per week
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W., Guelph, West Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, April 11, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106352 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.