SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (1 Year Contract)
Join our collaborative team and make meaningful contributions to our Information Technology initiatives.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you love a new challenge and have an interest in helping to improve business processes? Do you like working as a member of an agile IT support team where you can use your knowledge and experience in Software Development? If so, then this role is for you!
You would be a key participant in all aspects of software development and integration initiatives, with an emphasis on analysis, design and development. You would also provide application administration including day-to-day operations and production support, recoverability, performance, etc. All while working in our state-of-the-art facilities, with access to our fitness centre, free coffee and beverages, and our friendly and collaborative work culture!
In this dynamic role, you will deliver:
- 3+ years working experience with Visual Studio, .NET Framework, C#, Sharepoint, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, Web API, MS SQL
- Expertise in the design, development and support of SharePoint solutions, event receivers, web parts, web services, and workflows using industry best practices
- Experience building Intranet portals and collaboration solutions
- Experience in developing within the .NET MVC, Entity Framework
- Knowledge and broad experience using Microsoft tools to develop solutions including SharePoint designer and DevExpress
- Strong background in developing bug-free, standards based code using industry best practices built on the SharePoint platform
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and relevant development methodologies [Agile (Scrum), Waterfall / Iterative Waterfall]
To be considered, your qualifications will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Engineering or relevant experience
- 2-3 years experience in Sharepoint development, C#, MVC, ASP.Net, Visual Studio, MS SQL, .Net Framework, WCF, Web API, XML
- ECM development is a definite asset
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in and foster a team environment
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to look beyond pure testing to improve other processes and practices to improve the overall quality of what is delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills including coaching and mentoring
- High degree of self-initiative
- Strategic thinking
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and a good understanding of structured programming, object-oriented design, software development patterns, and service oriented architectures
WHO WE ARE:
FMRP has been providing reinsurance protection to its mutual insurance company members since 1959. As Canada's first Canadian-owned reinsurance company, we're proud of our history!
As one of Waterloo Area's Top Employers of 2016, we recognize that our employees are our greatest asset. They work from our state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly facility located by the 401 in Cambridge. If they're not using our on-site fitness facility or participating in a fitness class, you may find them competing in a cooking challenge or relaxing with a mini-massage.
We foster respect and recognition of the values of honesty, integrity and accountability, encouraging professionalism, education, leadership and trust.
In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, a retirement plan and more. You will be part of an organization that supports a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle.
HOW TO APPLY:
Don't miss this opportunity to join our team. To apply, visit our website, www.fmrp.com/careers and complete our Employment Application. Applications must be submitted by Friday, March 10, 2017.
CONNECT WITH US:
Visit our website, Facebook or LinkedIn page and discover what it's like to be part of the FMRP family!
If you have any questions, please email us at recruitment.
FMRP is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by taking into account your individual accessibility needs.