TRIUMF is Canada's national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business. Operating in a heterogeneous computing environment, our IT professionals provide site-wide services and support in Information Systems & Technology, Information Management and Software Application design and development.
We are currently looking for a well-rounded individual who has a variety of skills and is ready to learn our systems and take a lead role in the design, development, and implementation of various applications developed in-house. If your current skills include expert level capabilities with Java J2EE and various supporting technologies including web server platforms (Tomcat, Glassfish, Weblogic), JavaServer Faces, web service development (SOAP and RESTFUL), source code control and build processes, then this may be just the career move you are looking for. Here is just a sample of what your role as Programmer Analyst will include:
- Developing and maintaining large web-based applications that assist the entire TRIUMF site in functioning more efficiently and effectively
- Developing and maintaining integrations between in-house developed applications and other externally-provided applications including the Agresso ERP, preferably through web services.
- Recommending updates to the development environment as software development technology evolves in order to maximize stability and minimize the effort to develop and deploy applications
- Developing and coordinating small applications to be integrated with PHP-based middleware (Drupal, Mediawiki) in a Linux hosting environment
- Coordinating with external service providers on Drupal configuration, customization, and maintenance
- Providing documentation, training and support to the users of newly developed applications to ensure the highest level of performance and security
If this is the challenge that you have been waiting for, we want to hear from you. In an interview you will be asked to demonstrate to the hiring committee that you have:
- the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, to build strong relationships, and to work effectively in a team environment
- strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as initiative, creativity and the ability to work with abstract concepts
- extensive web service development experience (both RESTful and SOAP) with operating systems and platforms such as Linux, IBM i (AS/400) and Windows
- experience working with databases including DB2, MySQL and MS SQL Server using JDBC and SQL query tools
- knowledge of HRIS, ERP (Agresso) and familiarity with basic accounting, financial, and supply chain management practices
- a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering or a related field that has a high competency in the aspects of administering business applications and databases
- at least 8 to 10 years of relevant experience most recently with JavaEE and core Java development
- the ability and willingness to respond to problems outside of normal working hours
- legal status to accept full-time, continuing employment in Canada
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility. If this sounds like the type of work you are passionate about, and you have the above skills and knowledge, please follow the application instructions below.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary commensurate with experience as it relates to the scope of the position responsibilities.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to recruiting and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
Applications will be accepted until 2017-04-07