As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and photovoltaic solar parks. Active since 1990, the Company carries out operations in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, France and Idaho (USA). Innergex has offices in Longueuil, Quebec, and in Vancouver, British Columbia, and employs more than 150 people. The company promotes teamwork, while respecting each employee's individual competencies and aspirations.
The candidate will be based at the Innergex office in Vancouver and be required to travel to project sites occasionally.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director – Information Technology, the incumbent will provide maintenance and support for the configuration of computers. He will also be responsible for problem solving and employee support for software, hardware and networking. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide first- and second-level support;
- Provide on-site and remote technical support (software and hardware, printing problems, email, Internet, LAN access problems);
- Carry out network maintenance activities under the supervision of the network administrator;
- Assist the network administrator in installing LAN cabling systems and equipment, such as network interface cards, hubs, and switches;
- Coordinate the timely repairs of all equipment covered by maintenance agreements with suppliers;
- Perform minor repairs to office equipment and peripherals that are not covered by maintenance agreements with vendors;
- Visit operators at facilities to offer the required assistance;
- Provide orientation and individual computer training as required;
- Provide on-call emergency support based on a rotation schedule.
- Autonomous, proactive and solutions-oriented;
- Good customer service;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact and communicate with people at all levels with tact and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly manner;
- All applicants must have a valid driver's license, as occasional trips to our facilities are required.
Training and experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Technical Graduate or equivalent work experience;
- 5 to 10 years of IT support experience with users in a corporate environment;
- Experience of hands-on support with Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory;
- Good understanding of network system management and troubleshooting;
- Experience working in a multi-site environment;
- Knowledge of VMWare an asset;
- Cisco Certification, an asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.